Don’t hate me, but I’m actually not a fan of Game of Thrones (I tried to watch the first episode and just couldn’t finish it). Anyway, I was recently been given an opportunity to try one of the top beauty trends of 2019, this so-called ‘Game of Thrones’ or ‘Dragon Facial’, aka Enzyme Therapy at DMK HQ. Continue reading to learn more about this exciting treatment.
This Enzyme Therapy is a forty-five minute treatment for your face, neck and décolletage. The treatment is said to help detoxify impurities deep within the skin using your own lymphatic system. DMK uses transfer-messenger enzymes to help regulate with certain minerals in the body that fight corrosive free radicals. It is a non-invasive treatment that can help to remove dead proteins and toxins from the epidermis using a process called ‘reverse osmosis’. The purpose of the enzyme is to help strengthen the structural integrity of skin to help create a healthy environment for cells to live and thrive.
I met with DMK beauty therapist Tara, who asked me fill out my beauty profile around my my skin and overall health history. She then explained the treatment step by step before examining my skin as we discussed about my main skin concerns (large pores, dry skin around the jaw line, oily t-zone around the forehead and nose, fine lines creeping up on my forehead) and what I hope this facial could achieve for me.
Enzyme Therapy aka The Game of Thrones Treatment*
The process and products used were customised for my skin type, since this treatment is not a ‘one size fits all’, there were some tweaking, but not as an uncomfortable treatment as her previous clients have experienced. I quite enjoyed the process, although it was a long one, it did make me feel calm, soothed and I knew I was in good hands. The products used in this enzyme therapy included:
– Cleansed with Milk Cleanser: helps to loosen debris deep within the pores. It contains botanical extracts to help nourish and soothe reactive skin, white oak bark to open and clean out pores, whilst the skins natural ability to flush out toxins.
– Epitoxyl 2nd Cleanse: an ionised cleanser that acts like a magnet to draw out impurities and toxins out of the skin. These impurities and toxins turns into a gas, which then evaporates off the surface of the skin (left on for 3 minutes).
– Desquamate: an amino acid exfoliant to help loosen and desquamates rough surface cells.
– Enzyme #1 Mask: enhances optimal skin function by working with internal functions and structures of the skin to increase circulation, oxygenation and lymphatic drainage. The reverse osmosis helps to flush the cells helping to clear toxins, free radicals and stimulating collagen production.
– Trans Epidermal Infusion: helps to restore vital nutrients, proteins, amino acids and moisture at a cellular level by using the following products:
– Pore Reduction Drops: helps to constrict and reduces open pores, as well as soothes redness and inflammation.
– Melanotech Drops: helps to suppress melanin production and helps to brighten skin.
– Beta Gel: helps to stimulate fibroblast cells to produce collagen and elastin, as it helps boost the skins healing abilities.
– Vitamin C: helps to stimulate the cellular renewal process of direct delivery Vitamin C that helps to reduce the amount of damaged cells aiding the revision of ageing, scarring, skin tone and texture with its antioxidants rich formulation.
– Herbal Pigment Biogen C: helps to smooth wrinkles and fine lines, as well as helps to stimulate, tone and tighten dull skin, improves tissue oxygenation and strengthens weakened capillaries (this is particularly great for rosacea sufferers).
– Herb & Mineral Mist: a multi-vitamin, mineral and amino acid supplement for the skin. This helps to increase hydration and free water levels, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and is anti-bacterial. It also acts as a carrier vehicle for the oils and crèmes into the skin.
– Hydroloc: this helps to lock moisture into the skin with its unique nourishing formula that works to prevent trans epidermal water loss.
– Soleil Protect SPF 15: sun protection.
Overall, I was quite pleased with the result of using this face, neck and décolletage enzyme therapy treatment for the first time. The duration was long, but it was worth it lying down and you could fall asleep. The scary layer you see in the photos actually hardens up once it dries. Tara had sped up the process by fanning it and I could feel it tightening up my skin and hardens as you see it. I could not move my face, neck and décolletage areas, and I also couldn’t smile laugh or talk. I could feel pulses on my skin during this part but it went away as soon as the mask had dried down. I was happy to see that my skin felt and looked hydrated, my large pores had minimised and my skin was glowing from ear to ear.
Five days post treatment, my skin appeared to be balanced as I continued to use my regular skincare products. My skin appears healthier than it has been in a long time, soft, smooth and pores remain minimised. I definitely recommend you check out this treatment if you are looking to try a new facial or have been curious about DMK. More information on this Enzyme Therapy Treatment and other face and body treatments can be found online via: dannemking.com/.
* THIS TREATMENT WAS GIFTED TO ME FOR REVIEW CONSIDERATION. ALL OPINIONS ARE 100% MINE. SOME LINKS PROVIDED MAY BE AFFILIATED LINKS.