So it has probably been at least 6 months or something when I last did a makeup tutorial. This time though, I plan to do a continuation series of Face of The Day twice a month on a Wednesday. These posts will be about me showing you my makeup look to feature an item and do a review along the way.
To create this simply summer /spring makeup look, I used a few new makeup items I had bought recently and wanted to play around with them.
- Face / Base – Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer in Neutral
- Eye lids – L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche La Palette in Nude Rose and Maybelline HyperSharp Wing Liquid Liner in Black
- Eye Lashes – Marc Jacobs Beauty Feather Noir Ultra-Skinny Lash Discovering Mascara in Black
- Cheeks – Benefit Cosmetics Coralista Blush in Coral
- Lips – Marc Jacobs Beauty New Nudes Sheer Gel Lipstick in Eat Cake
- Tool – Kmart Beauty Blender
I was really looking forward to using this Marc Jacobs lipstick I have had on my Sephora wish list since it surfaced the webs. I found that once applied to lips, it appeared more rose-peach, which I don’t mind at all, since I think it suits my skin tone well. I like that it has this smooth and creamy texture, the product sits on the lips and it does not bleed. It has this opaque colour and not as the name suggests ‘sheer‘. It has a creamy sheen finish and colour is buildable if necessary, but does not stain lips. This is by no means a tinted lipstick, it is purely a pigmented lip colour that might have a different outcome with the other shades in this line. There may be variations of this colour on everyone’s lips, but this is such a gorgeous colour, that is perfect for everyday wear. The formula is overall very moisturising but does not last long on the lips, it stayed on mine roughly 3 to 4 hours with food and drink.