Last Thursday, 28/04 was my birthday and I decided that I would do a light and fresh makeup as my husband and son had plans to take me out for dinner that evening. We ended up having sushi, which if you know me well is one of my favourite cuisines. So, if you want to win me over, a mixed sushi platter will do the job! 😉 ? ? ?
All of these products used to create this look, you may have seen me mention once and if more, probably all the time. I feel as though anyone can create this look by using existing products you already own in your collection.
- Face / Base – Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Smoothing Primer and Bobbi Brown BB Cream SFP 35 in Natural
- Eyes – Burberry Wet & Dry Silk Eyeshadow in Pale Barley no. 102
- Eye Lashes – It Cosmetics Hello Lashes! 5-in-1 Mascara in Black
- Cheeks – H&M Beauty Pure Velvet Cream Blusher in Cameo Brown and Models Prefer Mineral Powder Luminous Glow
- Lips – Maybelline Color Drama Lip Pencil in Nude Perfection and NYX Butter Gloss BLG16 in Praline
Since it was my special day, I also decided that it was time I try out that gorgeous and cult fave — Burberry Wet & Dry Silk Eyeshadow in Pale Barley no. 102. I never thought it was a colour that would suit me and rather that it would just blend into nothing. It turned out (I do not know if this has the same effect for everyone) there where tiny silver reflexes when the eyeshadow is applied on the eye lids. The colour is a gorgeous beige base shade, which I have only used dry with the MUFE smoothing primer to keep the shadow in place. Between, that smoothing primer is amazing and can not wait to share with you guys my complete review, so stay tuned. I also wanted to play around with pairing lip pencil and lip gloss. I never do this as often as I should, but when I did for this look, I just love how combining Maybelline Color Drama in Nude perfection and NYX Butter Gloss in Praline, as it created this girly pinkish-brown shade that I never seem to find would suit my skin tone. Here, it does and I am excited to say I will wear this lip colour more now that it works with my complexion. Overall, the look is simple, but easily put together and nice to wear for my birthday that I spent with my family.