It is always lovely to try new skincare lines, where it happens to be from one of my favourite skincare brands in, well, forever. I have been a clinique fan girl, since I could remember my mum, who used to buy their makeup for the longest time. Today, I am excited to share with you a new line called Pep-Start, which to me sums up, like a 2 for 1 product–the multi-tasking magicians.
There is no doubt in my mind that I would yet again be a smiling girl when these products became a part of my skincare routine. I have had the opportunity to use both of these consistently for the past couple of weeks now and in three words–I-love-them.
I have been having a blast using these both together or paired with other skincare products and I know my skin has been loving it. The *Clinique Pep-Start 2-in-1 Exfoliating Cleanser AU$29, I used in the morning and night time, in rotation with other exfoliators and cleansers on alternative days. I love a good 2-in-1 product that actually does its job. This orange gel formula has an efficient blend of gentle exfoliating micro beads and cleanser that foams instantly as it cleans and refreshes skin. I find that after using this in the morning, it helps to prep my skin for makeup application.
The 2-in-1 exfoliating and cleanser consists of non-drying and non-stripping ingredients that help to make skin feel comfortable, prepping skin for a fresh appearance. Ingredients such as:
– Acetyl Glucosamine and Salicylic Acid: these ingredients weaken the bonds that hold dead skin cells. It allows the normal shedding process to occur by helping new cells surface, as it helps to improve skin texture and unclog pores.
– Silica and Bamboo Extract Beads: small, fine and environmentally-friendly beads that help to remove dull and dead skin cells.
– Papaya Fruit Extract: a natural enzyme that provides a chemical exfoliation to help smooth skin without irritation.
– Laminaria Saccharina Extract: an ingredient that helps to normalise the excess production of oil.
– Sucrose and Caffeine: a combination of anti-irritants that help to calm and soothe skin.
In conjunction with pairing this couple together, on days where I feel my skin needs that extra boost, I depend on *Clinique Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer AU$42. It is this light weight, yet rich moisturiser that hydrates skin, perfect for prepping skin for makeup. I love that it truly blurs out my large pores, controls oil throughout the day and keeps my skin under makeup look its best. The Hydroblur technology is an innovative formula that delivers a matte and velvety soft skin.
When massaged on to skin, the pale pink coloured moisturiser melts right away leaving a translucent and flawless look. I enjoy using as a regular moisturiser, as well as a makeup primer. This was designed to softly blur fine lines, wrinkles and skin imperfections, combined with a cocktail of ingredients of peptides and extracts. Ingredients such as:
– Algae Extract / Hypnea Musciformis Extract / Gellidiela Acerosa Extract: these botanical extracts of algae have anti-inflammatory properties, which have been shown to provide exceptional calming and soothing benefits to the skin.
– Trehalrose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin: provides hydration to skin while also helping to keep skin plump, firm and comfortable.
– Vitamin E: an important vitamin that promotes healthier-looking skin by fighting off damage caused by free radicals and daily environmental aggressors.
– Argireline (Acetyl Hexapeptide-8): a wrinkle-reducing peptide that stimulates new collagen production, whilst visibly diminishing the appearance of lines and wrinkles over time.
A great moisturiser for the busy mum or girl that is always on the go and wants a product that will keep her skin looking her best all day naturally with or without makeup.
Have you tried these new Pep-Start line from Clinique?